Starting a New Year Well (Update for Sunday, January 1st)

 Hello Church Family!

I hope you have had a good Christmas season of reflecting on the reason for the season... as they say. We certainly have a reason to celebrate, knowing that God cares enough about us to send His Son for us as our Savior. We need His help, don't we? 

And this is why I consider the transition from Christmas to New Year very awkward. Why? Because we have just spent a whole season of celebrating a Savior... knowing that we need His help. Yet now we enter into a time of resolutions... working on ourselves in a form of SELF-improvement. If we are not careful, it can sound like, "Hey God, thanks for the help... but I've got it from here."

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be the killjoy of resolutions. Resolutions can be helpful. But let's make sure our hearts are focused in the right place... still trusting in the grace of God. 

And that is my hope for tomorrow. As we worship, let's give Him our coming year that He might use it for His glory and not ours. Will you join me? Let's celebrate our God of Second Chances by celebrating His grace!

This is also Communion Sunday. If you are participating from home, make sure to have your elements ready at the close of the sermon.


Upcoming Events! (Click the Links Below to get more information)
Family Fan Night - January 5
District Marriage Conference - January 13 & 14

Thank you again for being such a great church family! I look forward to seeing you all for worship Sunday!
Merry Christmas!
Pastor Brian 

Comments

  1. Happy New Year. My we all have a very blessed year. Our Father is going to do miraculous things in 2023.🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment